Thank you to the whole team at Studio Comix for inviting me to take part in their Showcase Saturday series of events spotlighting local comic creators.
As we come to the end of Summer, I thought that I would share some great news about The Gathering Place book. Back in May, I had the incredible opportunity to travel to Vancouver and officially launch The Gathering Place at the Vancouver Comic Arts Festival. It was my first time in Vancouver, and had the most amazing experience at VanCAF. Made some new friends and received great feedback for The Gathering Place. Sketch covers were so terribly popular that I spent the weekend drawing. Also in May, I had an incredible time the Christie Pits Art Crawl. It was great to go back to my old neighbourhood to showcase The Gathering Place, and have old friends and neighbours come out to show their support. For updates follow: nelson_caetano on Instagram and @nelson_caetano on Twitter
It was a record breaking year for Fan Expo Canada - CONGRATULATIONS! Being part of Canada's premiere comic book event was an absolute blast. By far the most incredible talent under one roof (two, actually) I've seen in a loooooong time. Thrilled to see Frank Miller, Andy Kubert, and Steve McNiven.
Comments
Post a Comment